Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 9 Kefelonia




Its another cloudless sky today and it’s hotter than yesterday. I’d heard that yesterday was another 28oC but today its already that hot and we are barely at mid-morning. For those of you who enjoy numbers:

July is the hottest month in kefalonia with an average temperature of 26°C (79°F) and the coldest is January at 9°C (48°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 14 in July. The wettest month is December with an average of 115mm of rain. The best month to swim in the sea is in August when the average sea temperature is 26°C (79°F)

What a beautiful view
There is a rocky outcrop which appears man-made but has accumulated a variety of sea creatures and is ideal for teaching my boy to snorkel, maybe a job for tomorrow if the weather holds.
I have taken to swimming around the reef each day, my attempt at keeping the holiday calories in check.

But today was different. Today I pushed Nicholas and Seb on the inflatable alligator with Marcus snorkeling beside me and my sister being pushed on the lilo by Mark, like some aquatic Cleopatra. I thought I wouldn’t be getting the exercise I need but fear not my legs ached more at the end of that than the day before.

Nicholas had a quieter day than yesterday too. Yesterday was a full day on the beach from 9, lunch at 1.30 back to the villa for swimming ‘til 5.30pm and to dinner at 7pm, with bedtime being 10am.

Cool, grasshopper!
Today he played alone for much of the morning. He took his book to the beach, which totally surprised me, he parked himself under a sun umbrella and read 103 pages of his book. Sitting on the alligator while we circumnavigated my rocky outcrop was the total of his exertions this morning.

A great time in the pool this afternoon with the boys but Dad spent the whole day in the shade as he suffered a little sunstroke and sickness yesterday. Fingers crossed he’ll be well enough to watch the England v Costa Rica game later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment